|  Register
You are here : Projects  >  St. Joe Highway Bridge
St. Joe Highway Bridge over the Sebewa Creek

Updated April 26, 2016

Start Date:  May 2, 2016

Completion Date:  August 30, 2016

Township: Sunfield

Description:  Located between Sunfield and Shaytown Roads, the existing bridge carrying St. Joe Highway over the Sebewa Creek is in poor condition and has been posted for restricted loads for many years. The existing structure is 27 feet long and 23 feet wide and will be replaced by a new bridge that is 44 feet long and 37.7 feet wide.

The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) awarded the project to the low bid from Miller Development, Inc. from Weidman, Michigan.

State and Federal grants through the state Critical Bridge Program will pay 95% of the estimated $686,000 contracted construction costs on the project, with Sunfield Township and ECRC sharing equally the remaining 5% local matching costs not covered by the grant funds plus design and construction engineering, totaling to an estimated $163,500.

During construction, St. Joe Highway will be closed to through traffic between Sunfield and Shaytown Roads. A detour has been posted using parts of Dow Road, Mt. Hope Highway, M-50 and Sunfield Road.

Contact: Mathew Hannahs, P.E. | 517-543-1630 ext. 207

 

 

 

Like us on Facebook for updates.