|  Register
You are here : Projects  >  Whittum Rd Bridge
Whittum Road Bridge over Spring Brook

Updated June 23, 2017

Start Date:  June 26, 2017

Open to Traffic Date: October 13, 2017

Completion Date:  December 15, 2017

Township: Hamlin

Description:  Located between Five Point Highway and Spicerville Highway, the existing bridge carrying Whittum Road over Spring Brook Creek has been closed for several years. The existing structure will be replaced by a new bridge that is 51 feet long and 34 feet wide.

The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) awarded the project to the low bid from Nashville Construction Company of Nashville, Michigan.

State and Federal grants through the state Critical Bridge Program will pay 95% of the estimated $514,000 contracted construction costs on the project, with Hamlin Township and ECRC sharing equally the remaining 5% local matching costs not covered by the grant funds plus design and construction engineering costs.

Contact: Mathew Hannahs, P.E. | 517-543-1630 ext. 207

 

 

 

Like us on Facebook for updates.